Eastern Controls is the preeminent supplier of instrumentation, electrical heat trace, control valves, automation, and gas detection products/service in the Mid-Atlantic Region. We partner with customers in the Life Sciences, Power, Water & Wastewater, Chemical, Refinery, Food and Beverage, and other Process Industries to deliver an exceptional customer experience. For over 50 years, Eastern Controls has served as a trusted business partner for our customers by delivering technical excellence, outstanding service, and above-and-beyond support.
Role and Requirements
This position is a hands-on, working supervisor who provides technical expertise and guidance to service technicians. It entails everyday travel to our varied customer base (including power, energy, process, chemical, manufacturing, life sciences, pharma, food and beverage, and commercial) in Metro New York, Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and D.C. areas. On-site visits typically include: performing assembly and disassembly, assisting with troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, installation, and repairs of our various product lines based on the manufacturer’s specifications. Approximately 15% is overnight, primarily in the spring and fall coinciding with plant outages. The ideal candidate will possess the education, skills, competencies, and availability outlined below:
- 1-2 years Previous Supervisory Experience Preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree in Technical Field Preferred.
- Experience as an electromechanical field tech doing calibration and repairs preferred.
- Demonstrates basic electrical and mechanical knowledge; any knowledge of electrical and hydraulic actuators and familiarity with pneumatics is a strong plus.
- Ability and knowledge of how to use hand tools and electronic testing equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Hands-on troubleshooting & repair skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Curiosity and desire to learn.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and application through this link: Apply Now!