This position entails everyday travel to our varied customers (including power, energy, process, chemical, manufacturing, life sciences, pharma, food and beverage, and commercial) in Metro New York, Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and D.C. areas to perform assembly and disassembly, assist with troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, installation, and repairs of the various product lines based on the manufacturers specifications.
Approx. 15% is overnight, primarily in the spring and fall coinciding with plant outages.
The ideal candidate will possess the education, skills, competencies, and availability outlined below:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree in Technical Field Preferred.
- Experience as an electromechanical field tech doing calibration and repairs preferred.
- Demonstrates basic electrical and mechanical knowledge. Any knowledge of electrical and hydraulic actuators and familiarity with Pneumatics is a strong plus.
- Ability and knowledge of how to use hand tools and electronic testing equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
What we expect from you:
- Strong technical aptitude
- Hands-on troubleshooting & repair skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Can work independently and exercise good judgment
- Curiosity and desire to learn