Eastern Controls, founded in 1969, is the preeminent supplier of electrical heat trace, control valves, automation, instrumentation, and gas detection products/service in the Mid-Atlantic Region. We partner with customers in the Life Sciences, Water & Wastewater, Chemical, Refinery, Food and Beverage, and other Process Industries to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
The position of Field & Shop Service Technician entails in-house repairs as well as travel to our various customers (including the Power Industry, Paper and Pulp, Chemical, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Food & Beverage, and Commercial) in the surrounding area (PA, NJ, NY, DE) to perform assembly and disassembly, assist with troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, installation, and repairs of various product lines based on the manufacturer’s specifications.
Approx. 15% is overnight, primarily in the spring and fall coinciding with plant outages.
The ideal candidate will possess the education, skills, competencies, and availability outlined below:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree in Technical Field Preferred.
- Experience as an electromechanical field tech doing calibration and repairs preferred.
- Demonstrates basic electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Any knowledge of electrical and hydraulic actuators and familiarity with Pneumatics is a strong plus.
- Ability and knowledge of how to use hand tools and electronic testing equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Strong technical aptitude
- Hands-on troubleshooting & repair skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Can work independently and exercise good judgment
- Curiosity and desire to learn
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your resume and application through this link: Apply Now!