Eastern Controls, founded in 1969, is the preeminent supplier of electrical heat trace, control valves, automation, instrumentation, and gas detection products/service in the Mid-Atlantic Region. We partner with customers in the Life Sciences, Water & Wastewater, Chemical, Refinery, Food and Beverage, and other Process Industries to deliver an exceptional customer experience and to ensure their processes run safely, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
The position of Service Coordinator-Facilities Manager
entails in-house repairs as well as travel to our various customers (including the Power Industry, Paper and Pulp, Chemical, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Food & Beverage, and Commercial) in the surrounding area (PA, NJ, NY, DE) to perform assembly and disassembly, assist with troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, installation, and repairs of various product lines based on the manufacturer’s specifications.
Approx. 15% is overnight, primarily in the spring and fall coinciding with plant outages.
The ideal candidate will possess the education, skills, competencies, and availability outlined below:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 3 + years administration and coordination experience demonstrating meticulous follow through.
- Experience interfacing with and servicing customers: via telephone, Outlook email, software applications and in-person.
- Strong and proven computer skills: Including use of ERP, CRM, and MS Office. Must be very comfortable using Outlook and Excel.
- Strong Multitasker who can juggle multiple requests and projects.
- Strong Attention to detail, quality, and timeliness.
- Ability to solve problems: Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities. Manages the situation at hand by drawing on knowledge and experience base and performing research including calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- Shows Initiative: Proactively asserts influence over key results areas and other projects as assigned. Demonstrates readiness to generate ideas and offer solutions. Is self-starting and takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Demonstrates strong Communication skills: Expresses ideas and information in an accurate, relevant, and timely manner utilizing a two way communication approach. Keeps people proactively informed. Demonstrates ability to interpret and convey information for particular audiences (includes responding to feedback and adapting approach as required.
- Lives the ECI’s Values: Accountable for actions and performance. Keeps their word and thinks about customer experience first. Acts proactively with integrity. Respects and values others. Demonstrates accountability by staying on top of job requirements and learning initiatives. Shows curiosity, commitment, resourcefulness, and interest in professional growth and development as well as organizational growth.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Learn and use our product terminology and our computer software as well as Microsoft Excel and Outlook to efficiently: Qualify jobs (for quote); Work up accurate quotes; Perform order entry; Procure parts if needed; Schedule and coordinate with our customers; Stage parts; Perform invoicing; Schedule quarterly, semi-annual and annual services.
- Prepare and manage the Audit process in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee and perform fleet vehicle administration: Prepare and monitor maintenance logs; ensure yearly inspections are completed; Review and distribute insurance cards; Oversees EZ Pass, Driver Safety compliance and claims and annual DOT bi annual compliance.
- Manage/coordinate Building Maintenance: Ensure regular inspection and general maintenance of the corporate building, property and equipment including janitorial services lawn care, cleaning, light carpentry, painting, electrical and plumbing.
- Work with IT regarding emergency closings, late openings and communicates to staff.
- Support all rental property management.
- Organize contracts and agreements with outside vendors.
- Oversee training room infrastructure, tools, and equipment. Coordinate visits for outside guests for training, tours and usage of other spaces.
- Oversee building alarm codes as required.
- Oversee ECI archives and all storage areas.
- Engage in special projects and other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your resume and application through this link: Apply Now!