Eastern Controls, Inc. is family-founded and remains a family-owned organization that grew out of a vision, hard work, passion, sacrifice, and a deep sense of gratitude. It’s in our DNA. We collaborate with customers in the Life Sciences, Power, Water & Wastewater, Chemical, Refinery, Food & Beverage, and other process-centered industries. And we have fun while doing it all!
As they say, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We’re a team, a family, a reliable partner to our principals and customers, and we are looking for more passionate, driven, and energetic people to join us.
This position entails both in-house repairs as well as travel to our varied customer sites (including power, energy, process, chemical, manufacturing, life sciences, pharma, food and beverage, and commercial) in Metro New York, Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and D.C. areas to perform assembly and disassembly, assist with troubleshooting, maintenance, installation, and repairs of the various product lines based on the manufacturer’s specifications. Approx. 15% is overnight, primarily in the spring and fall coinciding with plant outages. We’re currently seeking both early career and seasoned technicians.
- Entry-level technicians will shadow and complete hands-on training with senior staff/ group leaders for a training period up to six months.
- Follow ECI QA procedures and work instructions as directed in ECI service shop and on site.
- Respond to scheduled and unscheduled repairs.
- Ability to work during outage season and adhere to vacation blackouts (typically October and April each year).
- Ability to respond to occasional on-call requests outside the regular work hours.
- Notifies supervisor regarding parts or equipment in need of repair or replacement.
- Performs all duties according to safety procedures and safety best practices.
- Ability to take to Mechanical Aptitude Test and submit to random drug and alcohol testing through DISA program.
- Notifies supervisor of any safety concerns on or off-site.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree in technical field preferred.
- Demonstrates basic electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Any knowledge of electrical and hydraulic actuators and familiarity with Pneumatics is a strong plus.
- Ability and knowledge of how to use hand tools and electronic testing equipment.
- Strong technical aptitude with hands-on troubleshooting & repair skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Curiosity and desire to learn.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- The security of working for a family- owned and founded company that cares about its employees.
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance at competitive rates. Some plans include tax- advantaged health savings accounts.
- Competitive compensation and Employee Referral awards.
- Generous paid time off and Holiday Schedule benefits.
- 401(k) savings with company match on a portion of employee contributions.
- Tuition reimbursement and a wide range of development opportunities.
- A business casual environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please, no third-party recruiters.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and application through this link: Apply Now!