Duration: 16 hours | PDH Credits: 16 | Fee: $1,725
Control Valve Fundamental Training will expose attendees to a variety of control valve designs and applications. Attendees will recognize the various types of control valves utilized in today’s process control loops. This course will cover an introduction to control valves, ASME piping specifications and connections, valve body and bonnet material selection vs. design conditions, as well as definitions, actuators, assemblies, shutoff capabilities, and process control. Attendees will receive engineering specifications and ASME standards for future reference.
After completing this course, attendees will develop an understanding of control valve design and applications, as well as recognize the various types of control valves utilized in today’s process control loops. Attendees will experience hands-on learning in the classroom and Process Training Unit® (PTU®) area.
- Introduction to Control Valves
- ASME Piping Specifications and Connections
- Valve Body & Bonnet Material Selection vs. Design Conditions
- Definitions: Cv – Flow Coefficient, FI – Pressure Recovery, ANSI Leakage Classification
- Actuators and Accessories
- Shut off Capabilities
- Process Control
- Definition and understanding of various types of Control Valves (Globe, Ball, and Butterfly)
- How the Control Valves Function/Operate
- Body Sub-Assemblies and Differing Actuation Techniques
- Exposure to Accessories associated with Control Valves
- Actuators, Positioners, and Digital Valve Controllers