What is the FlameGard® 5 MSIR Flame Detector?
Why risk a complete shutdown of your entire facility resulting from a false fire alarm when there are preventative measures available to avoid this kind of debacle? MSA’s FlameGard® 5 Multi-Spectral Infrared (MSIR) Flame Detector offers a wide range of industries a cost effective tool protecting lives and inventory. The detector is designed to provide superior false alarm immunity with the widest field of view in the industry. With four IR sensors and neural network technology (NNT), it sets a new industry standard for performance, reliability, and value. All four of its analog sensor signals are sampled and converted into a digital format for signal pre-processing to extract time and frequency data.
Combining a precise multi-spectral IR sensing array with the highly intelligent neural network processors, the FlameGard® 5 MSIR detector reliably distinguishes between actual flames and nuisance false alarm sources (arc-welding, hot objects, lightning, etc.). In addition, the MSIR technology is versatile under many different environmental conditions and offers faster response times, as well as increased range of detection.
- Multi-Spectrum IR (MSIR) sensor array provides increased range and a wide field of view, reducing the number of detectors necessary in many applications
- Neural Network Technology (NNT) combination is highly immune to false alarms caused by lightning, arc-welding, hot objects, and other sources of radiation
- Continuous Optical Path Monitoring (COPM) checks the optical path integrity and the detector’s electronic circuitry for high reliability
- A rapid flame detection response time of <10 seconds ensures the highest level of safety
- Industry standard 4-20 mA output signal allows for communication with remote alarms, PLCs, or DCS
Want to learn more? Fill out this short form to download the full whitepaper discussing the MSIR Flame detector!
Get an actual look at the detector in our highlight video below!
As the Mid-Atlantic representative for MSA, Eastern Controls has the necessary training and experience to effectively demonstrate this device and answer questions you may have about its operation. For more information about this product, the manufacturer, and/or other products offered by the manufacturer that may benefit your process operations, please contact our sales group.