Endress+Hauser Micropilot NMR81
Endress+Hauser is a global leader in measurement instrumentation, services and solutions for industrial process engineering. They provide solutions for flow, level, pressure, analytics, temperature, recording and digital communications, while optimizing processes in terms of economic efficiency, safety and environmental impact. Their innovative and creative thinking translates to state-of-the-art product solutions. One of which, highlighted in this edition of Product Focus, is the Micropilot NMR81 for tank gauging!
What is the Micropilot NMR81?
Endress+Hauser’s Micropilot NMR81 is the world’s first radar instrument measuring levels of liquids using a transmitting frequency of 80 GHz. It’s used for custody transfer and inventory control applications with NMi- and PTB-approvals and meets the requirements according to OIML R85 and API 3.1B. NMR81 is particularly suited for free space applications up to 70m.
How does this Benefit You?
The Micropilot NMR81 boasts a transmitting frequency of 80 GHz, which produces a sharply focused beam angle of 3” or 4”, depending on the antenna selection. In addition, deeper measurement is possible since the beam does not hit the converging interior walls
It features an array of benefits for your process:
- Maximum reliability through accuracy up to ±0.5mm (±0.02″)
- 80GHz technology for narrow beam angle for sharper focus, without interference from tank wall and obstructions
- Simple installation and trouble-free operations thanks to easy connection to major DCS systems via open protocols
- Hardware and software developed according to IEC 61508 up to SIL3 (in homogeneous redundancy) for high levels of safety
- Developed according to international metrology recommendations such as OIML R85 and API MPMS
Interested in learning more about Endress+Hauser’s Micropilot NMR81? Contact Eastern Controls here today or at 610-325-4600. Our professionally trained team of specialists can assist you with any questions you may have.
As the Mid-Atlantic representative for Endress+Hauser, Eastern Controls has the necessary training and experience to effectively demonstrate this device and answer questions you may have about its operation. For more information about this product, the manufacturer, and/or other products offered by the manufacturer that may benefit your process operations, please contact our sales group.