O’Brien has been supplying the petrochemical, refining, pulp & paper, and power industries with quality thermal products for over 50 years. The company’s products and packages reflect their knowledge of industry practices, regulations, and code requirements. In this edition of Product Focus, we will be diving into the O’Brien TRACEPAK!
What is the TRACEPAK?
The TRACEPAK tubing bundle consists of a small diameter tube or group of tubes packaged in an insulated, weatherproofed jacket. It may be steam or electric traced to provide freeze protection or temperature maintenance. TRACEPAK tubing bundles incorporate industry-leading innovations such as SensorTube temperature control which eliminates analyzer response delays and simplifies trouble-prone installation of temperature control solutions. Standard design bundles with SensorTube are supplied in long continuous lengths, nearly eliminating the uncertainty of estimating the anticipated run length of factory-installed temperature sensors.
TRACEPAK solves problems for analytical, instrumentation and mechanical plant utility applications. A properly designed tubing bundle offers an effective solution to issues such as freezing, dew point component drop-out, and viscosity. Also, TRACEPAK is an economical choice compared to field fabrication, it saves time and money during installation and also ensures consistent and repeatable performance.
How Does This Benefit You?
- TRACEPAK’S unique parallel construction simplifies field installation because the tubing is not cabled or twisted. This allows for easier, tighter bending and connections.
- All the tubes remain round, making the installation of compression fittings easy.
- Special insulation construction virtually eliminates wicking.
- Excellent abrasion and chemical resistance combined with a wide, usable temperature range make TRACEPAK durable and workable. The chloride-free urethane jacket stays flexible enough for installation down to -40° and has a minimum service temperature of -67°F/-58°C.
- TRACEPAK tubing configurations are calculated with a Finite Element Analysis tool to ensure maximum performance. The designs are then tested in an environmental chamber to simulate the most extreme conditions and verify performance modeling tools.
- Self-limiting electric tracers are available to withstand 482°F/250°C, while tubing bundle designs can handle blow down temperatures to 1100°F/595°C. TRACEPAK is approved for use in hazardous areas by approval agencies the world over.
- Generally referred to as chloride stress cracking, O’Brien has eliminated the major sources of all halogens that promote stress corrosion in stainless steel tubes.
- Interested in learning more about O’Brien’s TRACEPAK? Contact Eastern Controls here today or at 610-325-4600. Our professionally trained team of specialists can assist you with any questions you may have.