Masoneilan SVI* Advanced Performance Digital Valve Positioner
Masoneilan provides unparalleled technical leadership and has developed innovative ideas and solutions. Masoneilan’s control valve products deliver reliable, customized solutions for oil and gas, power, process generation applications and beyond. One of which, featured in this edition of Product Focus, is the SVI II AP for digital valve positioning.
What is the SVI II AP?
The SVI II AP is a 32-bit microprocessor digital valve positioner with a local interface that controls a pneumatic actuator using a two-wire 4-20mA control signal. The instrument offers bi-directional communication using the HART protocol. Its universal design offers ease of retrofit in place of existing analog positioners on all pneumatic actuators, either single-acting or double-acting.
Combining the features of Masoneilan’s Camflex valve with digital valve positioning technology can take your control accuracy to new heights. More accurate control reduces process variability, which leads to higher operating profits. The Masoneilan SVI II AP positioner contains innovative features that optimize control performance, such as the non-contact sensor which offers positioning performance yielding extreme flow control. The two-stage pneumatic system’s large flow capacity offers fast and accurate positioning to small or large setpoint changes enhancing process control. This product offers advanced control technology for pneumatically actuated valves with a non-contact sensor, providing higher precision and reliability, greater flexibility, and ease of use.
How does this benefit you?
- The SVI II AP can be retrofitted on ANY type of valve
- The non-contact sensor has no mechanical moving parts, resulting in a simple mounting procedure and longer lifecycle
- Capable of resisting the effects of vibration, temperature, and corrosion due to its durable, metal housing design
- The non-contact sensor is capable of measuring movements of .00015%, offering extreme flow control
- The instrument can be accessed remotely through the HART protocol for increased safety
- Only requires 9 Vdc at 20 mA allowing compatibility with existing controllers and existing electrical barriers
- The built-in auto-stop function accurately sets the zero and span of the control while the built-in-autotuning function sets the valve positioning parameters
- Interested in learning more about Masoneilan’s SVI II AP? Contact Eastern Controls here today or at 610-325-4600. Our professionally trained team of specialists can assist you with any questions you may have.
Download the FULL SVI-II AP Spec Sheet